Whether you’re preparing a manuscript for agent queries, publisher submissions or indie publishing, we are now accepting editorial clients on a very limited basis.
What you get:
- We will read your manuscript and leave notes directly in it related to story structure, character development, clarity, style, etc. This will include some line edits. This will not include copy-editing/proofreading, which is its own highly specialized skill. (If you need a copy editor or proofer, we can provide recommendations).
- We will provide you a 2 – 3 page editorial letter highlighting strengths in your manuscript as well as areas that can be improved upon, with suggestions and questions to help you do that.
- We will do up three rounds of email exchange with you to brainstorm solutions or to review changes you have made to specific sequences (up to 20% of the original manuscript).
Why work with us:
- We have experience with small, medium, Big 5, and independent publishing.
- We’ve won some awards (including Library Journal’s Best Indie Ebook 2017).
- We’ve worked on projects that have been short-listed for some other awards (including the Locus, Hugo, Rainbow, and ENnie).
- We love genre! In addition to being published in romance and SFF, we’re avid readers of thrillers, historicals, and yes, even lit fic. No genre shaming here!
- You get two editors for the price of one.
- Collaboration is our jam, which means our entire focus is on how we can help you make your book even more awesome. We’ll let you know if something isn’t working for us, but we’re not about the red pen.
How much does it cost?
Prices start at $1000 for a 70,000-80,000 word manuscript. Remember, you’re getting two editors for that price! We offer a 10% discount to members of RWA and other professional writing organizations.
50% deposit due at time of booking.
For shorter or longer works, please inquire for pricing.
We offer a 1 month turnaround on the initial read, with follow-up discussion occurring over the next two weeks.
Interested? Got questions?
Send us email at email@example.com